Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Where Have I Been?

My daughter Nicole mentioned awhile back that the Blogs she liked to follow hadn't been updated for awhile. A shot of guilt ran through me knowing that I had not updated anything for a bit. I than felt a sense of relief when I thought longer on the subject that there was a good chance that my Blog probably wasn't one that she like to follow anyways.

Christmas has come and gone and yes Santa (more specifically Mrs. Clause) was really good to me and I got the camera I had been hoping for. The Pentax K-7 along with two lenses the 18-55mm and the 55-300mm Pentax. And I have been very busy trying to learn about the camera and all of its buttons and functions. I need some kind of training class I think. I'm usually not to intimidated by new technology but I felt like a kid in a grown-up's world.

I'm now trying to learn how to get cool pictures out of it. My biggest fear is that I will learn that the equipment just isn't that big of a part of what makes good pictures and I'll have to try to become a real photographer.

By the way the digital photo processing thing is overwhelming me as well. Enough said how about a picture?

Here is a shot I took the other day while snow shoeing up Farmington Canyon. One shot is basically how it came out of the Camera and the other is with a little digital enhancing to get it closer to how I remembered it looking.

As I remember it.
As the camera took the Picture.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Photo show here you come!! And yes dad- your blog is one that I look at and wonder why you never update!! Glad you are having fun with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks little girl. I figured you'd see my entry. Thanks for checking it out.

    ReplyDelete